Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Calm that Itch with a bit of Downton Abbey

Day 26 of my nutrition detox effort for autoimmune disease per Dr. Amy Myers' book and 10 days after my first chemotherapy infusion, injection or whatever they call it.  So far, no issues that I can see from the chemo - just the same issues as pre-chemo when I was only on the prednisone - fatigue, itching and skin crawl, etc.

Today wasn't too bad with the dizziness and feeling out of sorts. Still managed to go to work for 6 hours and get some things accomplished.  Came home at 4 pm and took a nap.  I'm liking these naps!  They do keep me from being quite so "walking dead" with brain fog and balance issues.

Post nap, however, a full-blown "itch-out" started up and seemed to attack every cell of my body. I took some more hydroxyzine which I have in 10 mg pill options so I can adjust the dosage based on the need at the time.  Hydroxyzine, while helpful with itching and anxiety, does make you sleepy, so ... if I don't finish this post ... properly ... you'll know what happened .... zzzzzz

snore ... but, hey, I'm back.  One thing I have found to help with itching and anxiety attacks which go hand-in-hand is that it DOES help to try to calm yourself with distractions. For example, this evening I was surfing around the Internet on my TV and found "Mary Berry's Country House Secrets" on Britbox.      

Mary Berry's Country House Secrets on "Britbox"

The first episode is about Highclere Castle the real country home where the TV series and movie "Downton Abbey" is set and was filmed.  Mary Berry's visit at the castle includes an enchanting (and calming) visit with the current Earl and Countess of Carnarvon. Mary Berry cooks and dines with them, visits with their game team and more importantly the cute and smart hunting spaniels that live there, walks the historic house and grounds, drops in on their museum, and generally does what we Americans would consider very English things like have tea.  It's all very calming, yet interesting. I stayed awake and my skin cells seemed to calm down!   Check it out - you can find it on the big "A" - Amazon Prime.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 Day 34 of the Dr. Amy Myers nutrition protocol I have been remiss in writing in this diary/blog as of late because I've been battling m...