Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Day 20 of the Detox

6:30 am.  Day 20 ... of the new year and my 31-day Detox effort following Dr. Amy Myers book "The Autoimmune Solution."   

My first injection / infusion of chemotherapy was yesterday. So far, not too bad. I do have a "buzzy"  headache and I don't get headaches too often. So that may be a side effect. I don't know ...!



*   *   *   
Misery DOES love company!  
And, annoying symptoms love to have company! I doubt that all these cuts on my fingers have anything to do with the autoimmune condition, but who knows? Anyway, here's a picture of one of my hands. Took 20 minutes last night to wrap up all these cuts. Wish I knew how they got there. If I did I wouldn't do THAT again!    

*    *   *
And, here, below, is a picture of dinner tonight. Sometimes it's just the right combination of things rather than any convoluted recipe that can make the difference between delicious and inedible.  

What's in this bowl?            

* taking up the bottom of the bowl are "power greens" - spinach, mizuna, chard & kale
* the little white stuff is "riced" organic cauliflower - that's NOT cheese!
* organic, non-GMO shredded carrots
* one organic sliced avocado
* broccoli florets (more on broccoli to come) 
* some olives 
* bacon
What?!  bacon!  Well it's uncured, vegetarian-fed, no preservatives, no antibiotics, or hormones, and for a while longer I have to eat some small amount of meat.

https://www.amazon.com/Big-FAT-Professor-Keith-Woodford/dp/B081R6HDML/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3JV8G82EG39F3&dchild=1&keywords=the+big+fat+lie&qid=1611200535&s=instant-video&sprefix=The+big+fat+lie%2Caps%2C179&sr=1-1
*   *   * 
I just watched "The Big FAT Lie" documentary that can be found on Amazon. It's set in New Zealand. If you've got Prime, it's free.  This is another one to watch and raises questions about whether or not we should be eating any animal products at all. It really discourages processed meat. And milk. It pushes a whole foods, plant-based diet.

I kind of already agree with it. In my heart I'm a vegetarian. However, I have a history of anemia throughout my life and on the current plan wanted to keep eating meat to get my scores up.  The hematologist/oncologist says I've succeeded. For the first time in my adult life I'm not anemic. The fatigue is either being caused by the autoimmune disease or the medications I'm on.

Anyway, I digress, as usual. Watch the documentary, but watch all the way through. Some things come up that don't get mentioned in the beginning that are interesting indeed. I'm always afraid folks will miss some good stuff because they think "oh this documentary is only about this one thing and I'm not interested so I'll turn it off." 

So stay with it the whole way through. Lots to think about.  Get it HERE.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 Day 34 of the Dr. Amy Myers nutrition protocol I have been remiss in writing in this diary/blog as of late because I've been battling m...