Friday, January 8, 2021

Let's ALL just stay alive - 1/8/2021

Some days are worse than others. True for life in general, and particularly true when battling an autoimmune disease, or any disease for that matter.

For example, the last 24 hours have been particularly hard.  

Hard enough that I could just scream.   

And,

 I

 mean 

scream 

almost continuously....  


Yesterday didn't start out bad.  I was in my normal, prednisone-induced stupor at the office, feeling like at any moment I could drop dead. But then I went to the grocery store and another customer, a seemingly harmless old guy, decided he wanted to admire my coat unclose ...AND HE WASN'T WEARING A MASK!

AAAAAH!!

In the split second it took me to realize he wasn't wearing a mask, I started backing away from him, dropping my organic avocado in the process because I couldn't get the plastic produce to open. More on that most hated part of the grocery experience, later.  

But would you believe he moved in closer?!  The mask-less guy wanted to explain to me the science behind why masks don't work. I was not interested in his opinion (why should I listen to him and not Dr. Tony Fauci?) and told him to leave me alone.  Then, in the store two more people went by without masks and they too were almost on top of me.                           

Covid-19 transition prevention is important enough, but many in the medical field believe that autoimmune folk are also at greater risk for getting any number of things - especially for those that are on prednisone or another corticosteroid.  People need to wear masks and King Soopers needs to enforce the regulations particular to their locality.

The whole grocery store experience set me off and throughout the day today my symptoms have been much worse.  It feels like bugs are running under my skin, biting me. This "skin crawl" along with the overall itchiness, dizziness, brain fog, sudden hot and cold flashes and exhaustion have made it a defeating day.

But, hey, at least I was able to get into work for a few hours. And, I'm alive!  Just staying alive like Hawkeye says in Last of the Mohicans, sometimes has to be the goal for the day. Which is more than can be said for the 4,000+ people that died yesterday in this country from Covid-19 -- the most virus-related deaths the country has reported in one day since the pandemic's start.

People!  Wear your masks and admonish those that don't, until this pandemic is over! Let's all stay alive!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 Day 34 of the Dr. Amy Myers nutrition protocol I have been remiss in writing in this diary/blog as of late because I've been battling m...