Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Lovely Lady Lost to Pancreatic Cancer - 1/5/2021

 Blog#2
Jan 5, 2021

Hello Friends! ... not going to be my normal somewhat smarty pants today ...

* * *

It's a sad day for quite a lot of us in my "tribe."  We lost a lovely lady last night. Elaine Golden, my sister-in-law's Mother passed away from Pancreatic Cancer at about 1 a.m.  Her disease was only diagnosed about 2 months ago!  We will miss you Elaine!  We love you!

FYI - some symptoms of Pancreatic Cancer:

Signs and symptoms of pancreatic cancer often don't occur until the disease is advanced. They may include:

  • Abdominal pain that radiates to your back
  • Loss of appetite or unintended weight loss
  • Yellowing of your skin and the whites of your eyes (jaundice)
  • Light-colored stools
  • Dark-colored urine
  • Itchy skin
  • New diagnosis of diabetes or existing diabetes that's becoming more difficult to control
  • Blood clots
  • Fatigue

I'm also mentioning Elaine and her illness because widespread advice recommends a healthy diet of colorful fruits and vegetables and whole grains may help reduce your risk of cancer.  Of course, this is what we are exploring on this blog!!

There appears to be some kind of connection between autoimmune problems and pancreatic cancer.

There actually IS something called 

Autoimmune Pancreatitis.

Now, I don't know if this was involved in Elaine's case. By the time she was diagnosed with cancer she was extremely sick and eaten up with the cancer.  But, it's worth looking into if you are on the autoimmune spectrum.

Here's a link from Cleveland Clinic you might want to visit:

* * *
Personal Note:
I am also keeping track of my own symptoms and meds on this blog.  Today was a VERY ITCHY Day!  Took my prescribed 60 mg of prednisone, 50 mg of hydroxyzine, Tylenol, sprayed my back with hydrocortisone - well actually my friend Pam did it for me - and I am still itching all over my body and it's driving me crazy! 
I am looking forward to gobbling down some roast beef tonight for dinner that brother John cooked for me last night.  If you have any ideas about alleviating itchiness, please put into comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Day 34 of the Dr. Amy Myers nutrition protocol I have been remiss in writing in this diary/blog as of late because I've been battling m...